Yes, it's possible. And you don't need to be a professional cook to make this happen.
Even the most experienced home cooks will find prime rib roast daunting to attempt in the kitchen. The entire cooking process can be a cumbersome experience, not to mention an expensive mistake if you don't get it right. Restaurant kitchens aren't spared from this notion either — new cooks aren't allowed to handle prime rib to avoid costly errors!
Just how tedious does it get? Imagine slaving away on your kitchen, searing all sides of a big chunk of expensive meat on a hot, hot pan to seal in all the juices. The fun doesn't end there, you'd then have to carefully transfer the hot roast to the oven, and meticulously monitor the prime rib's internal temperature using a meat thermometer that you have to manually check from time to time. You can't be too vigilant, because over-roasting would mean drying out your precious prime rib. The entire thing is such a grand effort, that when it's finally laid on the table for everyone to feast on — it's the unquestionable pièce de résistance!
But exceptional meals don't need to take exceptional effort.
Want to know how differently it's done with a Wolf M Series Oven? Place your seasoned prime rib roast on your broiler pan, and insert your meat temperature probe. Pop it into the oven, no preheating required. Select Wolf Gourmet Mode, and you're done. No need to input time or temperature, the oven will just let you know when your perfect, effortless prime rib roast is ready.
The magic lies in Wolf's advanced Gourmet Mode. This intelligent program takes care of your prime rib roast from start to finish, mimicking the high heat needed within the first few minutes of your cooking time to achieve the searing effect of pan-frying, then automatically shifting to the more subtle roast mode to carefully finish your dish. Another bonus: the meat temperature probe that comes with all Wolf ovens are connected to your oven's brain. So you don't need to keep on manually checking if the roast has reached the desired internal temperature. Your oven will just beep to let you know when it has.
Can you picture the beauty of this alternative scenario? Add a glass of cabernet while you leisurely wait with friends, and you'll surely be dubbed hostess with the mostess in your social circles!
Why don't you go ahead and give it a go with your Wolf M Series Oven? Below is a well-loved recipe from our kitchens, that we're sharing for your enjoyment. Have fun!
Before You Start
Make sure you have a large and sturdy pan with a broiler rack for your prime rib roast.
This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
2 kg bone-in prime rib roast
8 tsp rock salt
6 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 tbsp mustard
10 cloves fresh garlic, minced
4 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh rosemary
2 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh oregano
2 tsp cumin powder
4 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1. Season the beef generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. In a bowl, mix the mustard, garlic, herbs, spices, and olive oil until well incorporated.
3. Spread the mixture all over the beef.
4. Lastly, lather the beef with softened butter.
5. Insert your Wolf Temperature Probe into the thickest part of the beef.
6. Place the beef on the roasting tray and place in your WOLF M Series Oven. Choose GOURMET MODE – MEAT – PRIME RIB and your desired doneness (rare, medium rare, medium, etc). Then, follow the instructions on the display screen. The Gourmet Mode will decide the time and temperature needed to cook the dish.
7. Simply let your oven cook the prime rib roast until the probe alert indicates it has reached the desired internal temperature.
8. Remove the prime rib roast from your oven once done, and let it rest according to the time that will be recommended by your Wolf M Series Oven. Usually, resting time takes about 15 minutes.